Software as a Service, or SaaS is one of the hottest business growth areas of tech startups. And the use of video marketing is especially suited for these online cloud computing companies. Saas companies can not only use video marketing for onboard marketing and client acquisition, but also for customer support with educational and instructional videos that guide new clients how to use their software. The use of video for SaaS companies is a powerful method of telling the story of a complex and often very technical product in an engaging and more personal manner that resonates with the viewer.
On this podcast, hosts Joel Goobich and Brendan Carty are joined by Yann Lhomme, cofounder and creative director at Thinkmojo who explains how and why SaaS and other Cloud based companies should use video marketing.
On this Episode
Section One – Why Video Marketing is a Must for SaaS and other cloud based software companies
Section Two – Recommendations for how to SaaS companies can use video marketing effectively
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- How videos can make a complex tech message easier to understand
- Videos can ‘level the playing field’ – even a startup can appear to be a more established company
- How and when to use actual screen shots of the software
- What you should include in a SaaS company video
- What style of video – animation, screencast, live action works best
- What to do with you video if the software UI changes
Examples of SaaS marketing Videos
What is Slack from Thinkmojo