Video Marketing underwent some dramatic changes in 2015. There were a lot of new developments, new analytical tools, new initiatives from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, the growing use of interactive videos, the phenomenal growth of videos being watched on a smart phone or tablet.
On this episode, hosts Joel Goobich and Brendan Carty provide an annual year end review of the state of Video Marketing.
What You’ll Learn – Top Ten Year in Review Items
- Facebook Video marketing explodes – It’s Facebook VS YouTube – see Episode 7, Episode 15
- Video Analytics and Video Hosting – becoming more sophisticated and important – Episode 8, Episode 14, Episode 21
- Video is Everyone – It’s not just for external marketing, but also internal marketing – Episode 20
- More companies using video – Video is accessible to everyone.
- Mobile devices are driving force behind Video Marketing 2.0
- Video Marketing is a real thing. When more professional conferences popup – that’s when you know that it’s real. – Wistiafest, Spacecamp. Vidcon,
- Video Marketing 2.0 podcast is launched – Perhaps the single most important event of 2015 (Shameless Self Promotion!) – Episode 1
- Content marketing is the new paradigm. Video is becoming one of the preferred methods
- Twitter making another big push into video (VideoNow) – Vines – Episode 17
- Interactive videos and personalized video marketing is on the horizon – Episode 22
- Collaboration is a critical component in effective video marketing – Episode 3, Episode 18
- Healthcare – could be the next big frontier for video marketing – Episode 11
- Show – Don’t Tell. Video is about the power of great visuals – Episode 9
Links to Additional Year In Review Information