Creating a video storyboard is an important stage in the video production process. It’s the flip side of the video script which together comprise the blueprint for creating an awesome video. The video storyboard is the vision for turning the script into imagery. It’s the pre-amble for shooting the live-action scene or how to illustrate and animated video.
On this podcast, hosts Joel Goobich and Brendan Carty are joined by Sebastien Lhomme, cofounder and creative directors at Thinkmojo who describes the tips and techniques to creating an effective video storyboard.
On this Episode
Section One – What is a Storyboard and how is it used
Section Two – Best Practices for creating a Storyboard
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- What is a Storyboard, what does it look like and what does it accomplish
- How a video storyboard and script work together
- How detailed should a storyboard have to be
- The difference between a storyboard for live-action vs animation videos
- What software to use to create a storyboard
- Who on the creative team should be responsible for creating the storyboard
Resources and Links
Watch this video – How to Create a Storyboard