A customer testimonial video is perhaps the most effective type of content marketing videos. They can be used for both B2C and B2B marketing videos because they evoke trust and build tremendous social capital. A testimonial video need not be ‘polished’ or even scripted. The more authentic it feels the more it will resonate emotionally with the target audience. Testimonial videos are generally not the first marketing video to be used with potential customers and clients. They are generally used further down the marketing funnel.
On this podcast, hosts Joel Goobich and Brendan Carty discuss the ins and outs of why and how to use testimonial videos as well as give some best practices for creating your own.
On this Episode
Section One – What is a Testimonial Video and why they are so effective
Section Two – Best practices for creating a Testimonial Video
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- How do testimonial videos evoke trust amongst prospective customers
- Who should be used to do the testimonial? Clients, vendors…
- Should you script your testimonial videos?
- What type of companies benefit most from a testimonial video
- Can you use a testimonial video to overcome negative perceptions about a brand
- Do all testimonial videos have to be live action?
- Where on the marketing funnel do testimonial videos lie?
- Where to use testimonial videos effectively
Examples of Effective Testimonial Videos
Suggested Listening – Other Podcasts of Interest
Episode 44: Get Your Viewer to Do Something
Episode 31: Using Personalized Videos to Talk Directly to Your Customer