One of the drivers of the video marketing revolution is the intersection of business smarts with video smarts. And video hosting platform companies like Wistia are leading the charge. These sites are where businesses of all sizes can host their videos, access increasingly crucial analytical tools and understand how viewers are interacting with their marketing videos. And in the case of business video hosting platform, Wistia, it’s also a destination for a treasure trove of free educational information about the video production and marketing process.
On this episode of Video Marketing 2.0 podcast, your hosts, Joel Goobich and Brendan Carty, go on a deep dive with Wistia CEO Chris Savage into his company’s video hosting service, content marketing and whole host of other topics.
Wistia was founded close to ten years ago at a time when few businesses understood the potential landscape of video marketing. A ton has changed since. With a mission of making business more human, Wistia who’s strategy is to host video content for businesses that care about telling better stories, is an active participant itself in creating rich actionable content. Wistia’s solutions can be summarized in four simple areas
- Video Hosting Platform
- Video Analytics – actionable information to help video marketers understand what individual viewers are watching
- Call to Action tools
- Measurement of Effectiveness tools – this is what makes a video ‘smart’
What You’ll Learn
- What Wistia learned about refining their business since they began over 9 years ago
- What are the unique features of Wistia’s platform and video marketing solutions.
- What are the future trends for video marketing. How it will be used more effectively
- The type of videos that are becoming more effective and popular
- The technology drivers of the video marketing 2.0 revolution
Information about our Guest
Wistia was cofounded by Chris and CTO Brendan Schwartz is a video marketing application that makes it really easy to host, customize, promote, and track your videos. A recepient of BusinessWeek’s Top 25 Entrepreneur 25 or Under, Chris and his team are at Wistia host videos for over 200,000 businesses. Check it out at wistia.com
Suggested Additional Episodes
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Thinkmojo – Creating Smart Videos that Get Results
- Moz (Rand Fishkin) – SEO Tools, Software and Resources for better online marketing