Screencast videos are a powerful method to show potential and existing customers how to use a new online product. These tutorial videos capture the UI – user interface of an online software product and instruct the viewer on how to use it and it’s basic features. Any SaaS – software as a service – or online software company should consider creating a series of screencast videos to help both market their products to prospective customers as well as use them as tutorial videos for existing customers in order to increase user retention.
On this podcast, hosts Joel Goobich and Brendan Carty provide advice on best practices for creating a screencast tutorial video.
On this Episode
Section One – What is a screencapture video
Section Two – Best practices for creating a screencapture video
What You’ll Learn in this Episode
- Who should use screencast videos
- Are screencapture videos and screencast videos synonymous?
- How are screencapture videos used? –
- What type of companies benefit most from a screencast video?
- How tutorial videos using screencapture techniques improve customer service
- Best Practices for making a screencast video
- What pitfalls to avoid when making a tutorial screencast video
BONUS – Read the full transcript – Episode 59 screencast – Transcript
Examples of Effective Screencast Videos
Increase your knowledge of digital marketing
Register for the Viewtopia Video Marketing Summit
(Use Promo Code THINKMOJO16 for Early Sign up Discount!!)
Suggested Listening – Other Podcasts of Interest
Episode 49: All Software Companies Should Make 2 Videos
Episode 26: Using Video in your B2B Marketing Funnel